Friday, August 12, 2011

On the cover of Rolling Stone...

Latest Dernier Cri*

Well recently some of you might have seen that I was on the cover of Grand Strand Magazine.  For those of you who do not know about  Grand Strand magazine**it  is our local magazine representing Horry, Georgetown, and Brunswick counties.   Yes, not exactly Rolling Stone, but I felt as excited as Stillwater from the movie Almost Famous did in that memorable scene of them all huddled together singing "i'm gonna get me on the cover..." I want to be Penny Lane...What a cool thing to happen to me, because of course I had NO idea AND it is something I have wanted since I told my mom I would own a mall one day.  Guess I will cross that off the ol' bucket list.  Anyway, I would like to tell you what I am wearing and where you can get it or at least something similar.  The sequiny dress, which I refer to as my "Miss Piggy" dress not because that IS how I feel in it, but it literally reminds me of my Miss Piggy doll I had as a kid.  She wore a purple sequined dress and long white gloves too, which burns me up...man what would I have given to have had some serious white gloves on. It is Alice+Olivia which you can find at Gwynn's in Charleston and that awesome octopus ring can be found at Salon Edge in North Myrtle Beach.  The inside shot is of me in a vintage Mr. John hat, if you collect hats we have some very cool consignment and antique stores from Murrells Inlet down to Georgetown so, check it. The blazer and oxfords are TIBI which is sold at Socialite in Murrells Inlet.  The skinny jeans are J.Brand which can be found at my buddys' store Beanie and Cecil in Wilmington.  The shirt is Wild Fox sold at my friends boutique in Wrightsville Beach:Oliver.  If you have never been to these stores in NC, GO!  They are mind blowing. And it is not far. I will reference them often... I wanted to thank you guys for all of your sweet comments and sweet notes you left on FB about the cover.  You are all exceptional. Thank you, you are all cover girls in my book.
Godspeed,
Chacha
** NTS: to subscribe to Grand Strand Magazine go to www.grandstrandmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment